Sunday, January 1, 2012
Columbia: Wae Columbia? Pizzzaaa. @ 3:46 PM
I don't have to know how to toss pizza like Iron Chef Mario Batali
to know that Columbia is my secret ingredient to taking on the world. Columbia University is located in the big city setting of New York City, and in
big cities lie big opportunities and a melting pot of different cultures, excitement
and experiences. I would love to also ride a subway for the first time. Along with being in New York also comes its delicious New York style pizza. But obviously, pizza alone is not the reason I am applying to
Columbia University. The campus architecture is lovely, and I deeply
appreciate campus aesthetics. Students and professors are undoubtedly
brilliant, and the atmosphere encouraging academic curiosity is enhanced by the Core Curriculum. The fact that Columbia is a large research university and opens
up opportunities for undergraduate students to partake in research is
important to me, as I want to be able to jump into research as early as
possible in my academic career. When it comes down to it, natural
science majors and culinary geniuses aren't too different. They have to
have the right ingredients in order accomplish their tasks under heat
and pressure. For the Iron Chef, one of these ingredients is pizza dough; for me it is Columbia.
Sunday, January 1, 2012
Columbia: Wae Columbia? Pizzzaaa. @ 3:46 PM
I don't have to know how to toss pizza like Iron Chef Mario Batali
to know that Columbia is my secret ingredient to taking on the world. Columbia University is located in the big city setting of New York City, and in
big cities lie big opportunities and a melting pot of different cultures, excitement
and experiences. I would love to also ride a subway for the first time. Along with being in New York also comes its delicious New York style pizza. But obviously, pizza alone is not the reason I am applying to
Columbia University. The campus architecture is lovely, and I deeply
appreciate campus aesthetics. Students and professors are undoubtedly
brilliant, and the atmosphere encouraging academic curiosity is enhanced by the Core Curriculum. The fact that Columbia is a large research university and opens
up opportunities for undergraduate students to partake in research is
important to me, as I want to be able to jump into research as early as
possible in my academic career. When it comes down to it, natural
science majors and culinary geniuses aren't too different. They have to
have the right ingredients in order accomplish their tasks under heat
and pressure. For the Iron Chef, one of these ingredients is pizza dough; for me it is Columbia.
me.
you think you know me yeah ?
Hello, my name is Ash, and I'm currently a student in her last year of secondary school.
To be honest, this blog has been made so that I can practice my writing and delve deeper into my mind in order for me to realize what is important to me -
what exactly makes me me?
It's a soul searching blog, and the ultimate goal is for me to write freely about myself and find inspiration and material for admissions essays.
As that is, anything that is written on this blog is my intellectual property. Uni.'s obviously use plagiarism checkers on all submitted work, so stealing any words that I have written will only ruin your future.
One thing I hate
most is academic dishonesty.