Thursday, December 1, 2011
USC Supplement @ 8:49 PM
Being a "man" means you must be swift as a coursing river, with all the force of a typhoon, with all the strength of a raging fire, and mysterious as the dark side of the moon. At least, that's the idea that the Disney musical, "Mulan" has managed to instill in me. If USC were to accept me, I would pursue my academic interests with the utmost "manliness." My first and second choice majors are biochemistry and biological sciences, both of which I would plan to complete with an emphasis in pre-medicine. Firstly, since USC has world renowned academics that are ahead of most other universities, I would be swift simply just by challenging myself with difficult courses there. I would be forceful like a typhoon in my determination to achieve highly in those classes, especially in the notoriously deadly organic chemistry courses. I have already come up with my motivational motto for studying: "Four-oh," which references a striving for a 4.0 GPA and at least a 40 on the MCAT examination.
I would play to my strengths by not only taking classes that pertain to my major, but also others that may interest me. For example, an interest of mine is in art history, which I plan to minor in. I also plan to hopefully partake in research projects with my professors, because research is my passion which burns like a raging fire, especially in the field of medicine. Lastly, USC students are encouraged not to just live in a "USC Bubble" and dwell eternally in a familiar comfort zone. I completely agree, and that is why I definitely plan on spending at least a term abroad in perhaps South Korea or the United Kingdom, countries whose cultures are very different from my own, yet fascinate me to no end. Studying abroad would teach me more about the world surrounding me, elucidating the mystery.
I may not anatomically be a "man," but neither was Mulan. As a woman, she was still a "manly" warrior, and I intend to be a "manly" Trojan.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
USC Supplement @ 8:49 PM
Being a "man" means you must be swift as a coursing river, with all the force of a typhoon, with all the strength of a raging fire, and mysterious as the dark side of the moon. At least, that's the idea that the Disney musical, "Mulan" has managed to instill in me. If USC were to accept me, I would pursue my academic interests with the utmost "manliness." My first and second choice majors are biochemistry and biological sciences, both of which I would plan to complete with an emphasis in pre-medicine. Firstly, since USC has world renowned academics that are ahead of most other universities, I would be swift simply just by challenging myself with difficult courses there. I would be forceful like a typhoon in my determination to achieve highly in those classes, especially in the notoriously deadly organic chemistry courses. I have already come up with my motivational motto for studying: "Four-oh," which references a striving for a 4.0 GPA and at least a 40 on the MCAT examination.
I would play to my strengths by not only taking classes that pertain to my major, but also others that may interest me. For example, an interest of mine is in art history, which I plan to minor in. I also plan to hopefully partake in research projects with my professors, because research is my passion which burns like a raging fire, especially in the field of medicine. Lastly, USC students are encouraged not to just live in a "USC Bubble" and dwell eternally in a familiar comfort zone. I completely agree, and that is why I definitely plan on spending at least a term abroad in perhaps South Korea or the United Kingdom, countries whose cultures are very different from my own, yet fascinate me to no end. Studying abroad would teach me more about the world surrounding me, elucidating the mystery.
I may not anatomically be a "man," but neither was Mulan. As a woman, she was still a "manly" warrior, and I intend to be a "manly" Trojan.
me.
you think you know me yeah ?
Hello, my name is Ash, and I'm currently a student in her last year of secondary school.
To be honest, this blog has been made so that I can practice my writing and delve deeper into my mind in order for me to realize what is important to me -
what exactly makes me me?
It's a soul searching blog, and the ultimate goal is for me to write freely about myself and find inspiration and material for admissions essays.
As that is, anything that is written on this blog is my intellectual property. Uni.'s obviously use plagiarism checkers on all submitted work, so stealing any words that I have written will only ruin your future.
One thing I hate
most is academic dishonesty.