Saturday, December 31, 2011
Princeton Supplement: Summer @ 12:05 AM
Please tell us how you have spent the last two summers (or vacations between school years), including any jobs you have held, if not already detailed on the Common Application.
Glaciers, seafood pizzas, foreign friends, and medication bins are all things I like to associate with summers.
In summer 2010, I took a cruise to Alaska and Canada with my family. At one of the ports of call, we took a scenic plane ride over the glaciers and mountains. From the window, all I could see were miles of untouched ice; it was truly surreal. On the ship, I made many friends from all over the US and from Vancouver. We called ourselves the "Hot Tub Crew," because we all met in a whirlpool on the ship. Together, we had many adventures which included attempts at teaching me how to play mah-jong, midnight runs to the 24-hour buffet, and aptly, hours in the pool and hot tub underneath the Alaskan sun, which did not set until 11 pm every night. During the summer of 2011, my family once again embarked on a trip, this time, to Europe. We first stayed in Paris before taking an overnight train to Venice. Venice was the most beautiful place I had ever seen. There wasn't a car in sight, because the whole city basically lies atop water. The food was delicious; I think I ate my weight in seafood pizzas and Italian gelato. My family rode in a gondola around the city and saw the old residence of Marco Polo. We also took pictures in front of the Hotel Danieli, where the film, The Tourist, was shot. We then took another train to Rome, where we took many city tours and ate traditional style Italian dinners. We saw basically every single historical landmark and important building. Having taken AP Art History the school year prior, I geeked out quite a bit in Rome. From there, we took a two week cruise around the Mediterranean, going to Turkey and Greece. I met friends from literally every continent (apart from Antarctica). Upon returning from the trip, I acquired an unpaid internship in the inpatient pharmacy at the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford University. It was extremely hard to get, as litigation due to accidents in the past has made it difficult for minors to volunteer, much less get "work" in a hospital. My job is explained more thoroughly in the extracurriculars area of the Common App, but basically for hours upon hours a day, I would deliver medication bins to patient bedsides as well as whatever else my pharmacy supervisors had assigned. It was wearisome work, but I definitely enjoyed it. I don't think I could have gotten better hospital environment exposure anywhere else.
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Princeton Supplement: Summer @ 12:05 AM
Please tell us how you have spent the last two summers (or vacations between school years), including any jobs you have held, if not already detailed on the Common Application.
Glaciers, seafood pizzas, foreign friends, and medication bins are all things I like to associate with summers.
In summer 2010, I took a cruise to Alaska and Canada with my family. At one of the ports of call, we took a scenic plane ride over the glaciers and mountains. From the window, all I could see were miles of untouched ice; it was truly surreal. On the ship, I made many friends from all over the US and from Vancouver. We called ourselves the "Hot Tub Crew," because we all met in a whirlpool on the ship. Together, we had many adventures which included attempts at teaching me how to play mah-jong, midnight runs to the 24-hour buffet, and aptly, hours in the pool and hot tub underneath the Alaskan sun, which did not set until 11 pm every night. During the summer of 2011, my family once again embarked on a trip, this time, to Europe. We first stayed in Paris before taking an overnight train to Venice. Venice was the most beautiful place I had ever seen. There wasn't a car in sight, because the whole city basically lies atop water. The food was delicious; I think I ate my weight in seafood pizzas and Italian gelato. My family rode in a gondola around the city and saw the old residence of Marco Polo. We also took pictures in front of the Hotel Danieli, where the film, The Tourist, was shot. We then took another train to Rome, where we took many city tours and ate traditional style Italian dinners. We saw basically every single historical landmark and important building. Having taken AP Art History the school year prior, I geeked out quite a bit in Rome. From there, we took a two week cruise around the Mediterranean, going to Turkey and Greece. I met friends from literally every continent (apart from Antarctica). Upon returning from the trip, I acquired an unpaid internship in the inpatient pharmacy at the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford University. It was extremely hard to get, as litigation due to accidents in the past has made it difficult for minors to volunteer, much less get "work" in a hospital. My job is explained more thoroughly in the extracurriculars area of the Common App, but basically for hours upon hours a day, I would deliver medication bins to patient bedsides as well as whatever else my pharmacy supervisors had assigned. It was wearisome work, but I definitely enjoyed it. I don't think I could have gotten better hospital environment exposure anywhere else.
me.
you think you know me yeah ?
Hello, my name is Ash, and I'm currently a student in her last year of secondary school.
To be honest, this blog has been made so that I can practice my writing and delve deeper into my mind in order for me to realize what is important to me -
what exactly makes me me?
It's a soul searching blog, and the ultimate goal is for me to write freely about myself and find inspiration and material for admissions essays.
As that is, anything that is written on this blog is my intellectual property. Uni.'s obviously use plagiarism checkers on all submitted work, so stealing any words that I have written will only ruin your future.
One thing I hate
most is academic dishonesty.